Saturday, April 16, 2011

引越し - Moving

We moved to Sagamihara on March 28th, 2011. I came to Sagamihara in February for two days in order to try to find a place. We fell in love with our house when we saw it posted online. There was a freak snowstorm the day I was planning to see the house, and some realtors refused to take me to the house because it was so far. I was pretty determined though, and found a place that would. The house was everything that we wanted, and we asked to sign right then and there, but there was another person who was thinking about renting it. We told them to let us know if the other person backed out, and luckily they did!

On my way back from house hunting, Rhett called me to tell me that I passed the N4 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test. It's not much, but I was pretty proud. I'm planning on taking N2 or N3 the next chance I get.

A friend of mine named Esaka was nice enough to drive us all the way from Aichi to Kanagawa (cats included!). It was a fairly long ride, but it went by quickly. We stopped at a rest stop near Mt. Fuji and had our first chance to really take in the beauty of the area. Every other time I had seen Mr. Fuji I was in a train. It was really nice to sit back and enjoy the view. It really is an amazing sight. It was still covered in snow at that point, so it was really beautiful. It looked like a giant had dropped a snowball on it or something!

Our new place is so much nicer than the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment