Sunday, June 2, 2013

冬春 2013 - Winter and Spring 2013


We learned something interesting.  Kratos really likes watching youtube videos.  There is a youtube channel just for cats that he goes crazy for.


Watching too much TV tired the poor thing out...


I went to Winter Wonderfest again this year.  I really love that event so much.  We did Monster Hunter again, but this time we were able to gather a huge group of people together to take pictures.  Everyone's costumes were so amazing.  I had a great time talking to everyone.


In Japan, girls make chocolate for the guys on Valentine's Day.  I've always wanted to do it.  I tried emulating Polar Bear Paws for Rhett, but didn't do the best job in the world.  They were a little hard, but he at least ate them.



A friend of mine's daughter does traditional Japanese dance as a hobby.  They invited me to watch her dance in Asakusa.  They also let me go backstage and watch the dancers get ready.  It was so amazing.  The costumes are so beautiful.  So much work goes into them.  It made me want to start sewing more!  The wigs were also very interesting to see up close.  They take them apart after each performance.  The insides of them are metal!  They must hurt to wear.


My computer died a long time ago, and my mom and grandma helped me to get a new one.  I love it!  Now, to work on my demo reel!


Kratos is a silly cat.  I don't even know how he gets himself into these situations...


This year wasn't a good year for our ALT program.  The city has decided to discontinue it.  As a result, my boss ended up leaving.  She really helped all of us to become better teachers and we really miss her.


One of Rhett's students (the littlest one in this picture!) had a ballet recital that I attended.  She was so adorable.


I ended up switching schools again this year.  I really miss Taimada elementary school.


There was an anime event in our area!  I was so surprised.  It was a cosplay and anime song event.  I got on stage at the last minute and sang a song from Naruto (which had nothing to do with my costume that day, but whatever...)


Recently, I've been trying to make things for myself to wear that AREN'T cosplay.  After seeing how expensive scrunchies are, I decided to never buy one again.  They are so easy to make!


Then, I decided to make something bigger.  I made this skirt and wore it to work.  I got TONS of complements on it.  I'll definitely be making more clothes to wear outside of cosplay.


We went to Fujino Art House with our students.  Fujino Art House is a workshop that has various art projects that you can try.  We decided to make sand blasted cups.  I absolutely love this place.  I've already gone back for a second time.



Rhett and I made matching cups.  Mine's the moon.


I have a friend who is a tea ceremony master.  She's been teaching me to do the tea ceremony too.  I'm not good at it, but it's fun.


And as a bonus, Kyo being...Kyo.



No comments:

Post a Comment