We woke up at about 10am. I was surprised at that...I figured I'd be out for a looooong time. Maybe even into the new year.
Today was basically a day to explore. We walked all around our area to see what was close by.
I went into my first combini (convience store). I just HAD to have some onigiri, and I was not disappointed. We walked over to the grocery store, and I was overwhelmed by all of the food. It made me very hungry. We also found a bowling alley, arcade, pachinko parlor, cake shop, kimono store, 100 yen store, McDonalds, and post office.
But most of all, we found heaven. Or at least, my version of it. It was this HUGE store full of games, manga, cds, dvds, and magazines. They even had gachapon machines. IT HAD EVERYTHING. I have never seen so many amazingly cool things in one place. And you know what? I didn't buy a single thing. But it was sure fun to look.
We ate at a 24 hour ramen shop, before heading home. The ramen was great, but the gyoza was amazing. On the way home we went over to the school and looked at my car. It's pretty cute.
In my travels today, I noticed something. Everything, and I do mean everything, in Japan has a cute little mascot on it. Often times, it's a Pokemon.
Tomorrow, we clean. This apartment is in desperate need of some TLC.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did your not buy anything from shear will power or... Rhett power LOL!
ReplyDelete