Work was pretty busy last year. We had
a few seminars that required a great deal of planning on all of the
ALT's parts. One of the seminars had us break into pairs and do a 15
minute presentation/game/etc... on some sort of cultural thing. My
partner and I ended up doing tarot, and got really into it. I drew
all the cards that we used and dressed up. We really went all out.
I also had a lot of my own work to do
to get ready for classes. Junior high requires A LOT more planning
and prep work than elementary school does. In Hazu, I had elementary
school twice a week. Now, I only get to go once a week. I miss
working at an elementary school twice a week. Playing around with
the kids was so fun! I was really able to bond with them.
I got really involved in the art club
at Nakano. I even got to teach a couple of art lessons there! I
taught them how to use copics and how to make eraser stamps. It was
really fun (and challenging!). Going to the art club allowed me to
get close to a lot of the quieter kids.
March 31 was my last official day at
Nakano. I cried so much. Before spring break started, there was an
assembly to see off all of the teachers that were leaving. I gave a
speech in Japanese.
My last classes were pretty tough too.
I cried a few times. I really loved those kids. I got letters from
each of the 2nd and 3rd year students.
Saying goodbye to my elementary
students was REALLY tough. My favorite class sang an anime song
(Again by Yui) for me as a goodbye present. I cried SO much. I'll
never forget that as long as I live.
Another class gave a short presentation
(in English!) about our year together. They gave me cards and
letters that I will keep forever.
I'm really gonna miss those kids. On
to Aihara.

No comments:
Post a Comment