Winter was pretty uneventful this year.
We didn't do anything for Christmas!
Japan does New Year's cards like we do Christmas cards. So I painted several cards for our close neighbors and friends.
It's a dragon. 2012 is the year of the dragon. Rhett says it looks like a French worm with a grass toupee. It's not. It's a dragon.
On New Year's Eve, we went to Mikage
shrine. We counted down to midnight with a bunch of people, in
English! It was pretty fun. At New Year's it's pretty common to
pull a piece of paper with a fortune written on it out of a box to
find out your fortune for the next year. I got 大吉
(daikichi), which is the best one you can get! Here's hoping
for a good 2012!
In February we had a crazy snowstorm.
I've never seen so much snow falling in my life! It was so
beautiful. I think there was a foot of snow outside of our door the
next morning! We decided to try to make a snowman. Rhett wanted to
be crazy and make one that was bigger that us. It took us about
three hours in the middle of the night, but we made the most awesome
snowman ever. Our neighbors and the kids that pass by our house to school loved it!
He actually survived for a couple of days before his head fell off.





No comments:
Post a Comment