I've wanted to go to Fuji Q Highlands
since Rhett and I moved to Japan. Fuji Q is a theme park at the base
of Mt. Fuji that has a ton of awesome roller coasters. And by
awesome, I mean Genius Book of World Records awesome.
There are four main coasters at Fuji Q:
Fujiyama, Takabisha, Dodonpa, and Eejyanaika.
We went on Eejyanaika first. It's one
of the only 4D roller coasters in the world. It holds the Genius
Book of World Records record for the most inversions in a roller
coaster. The individual cars spin around while the main car is going
along the track. Ever been on The Zipper at a fair? The cars move
like that. Except, your legs are hanging out, and there is no cage
to catch you should something go wrong. I remember questioning my
sanity right before the first drop. It was pretty awesome.
Next, we took on Fujiyama. It's a
little older, and therefore, a little jerky. When it was built, it
was the longest, tallest, and fastest coaster in the world. It's
still in the top ten in those categories, I think. The view from
Fujiyama is amazing. If you didn't know, Fujiyama is the incorrect
way of saying Mt. Fuji in Japanese. There is a small part of the
ride where it goes around a curve slowly, letting you enjoy the view
for a brief moment, before you get tossed around again. I think
Fujiyama is the best roller coaster I've ever ridden.
Dodonpa was pretty awesome too. When
it was built, it had the fastest launch speed of any roller coaster
in the world. Now, it's fallen to number three, but still...it's
amazing. Before you can even blink, the ride is going something like
100mph. It's powered by pneumatics, so it makes a really interesting
sound.
Takabisha had more than a straight drop. Which of course makes no sense.
Fuji Q also has an Evangelion themed
attraction. It's basically a moving statue of the giant robot from
the show, surrounded by real life versions of scenes from the show.
I geeked out. Maybe a little too much.
Long lines made the day go by fast. Before we knew it, it was time to head back home.












No comments:
Post a Comment