Sunday, January 10, 2010

週間! One week!

Can you believe it?  I've worked at Williams for a whole week now!

And what a week it has been!  I am very much enjoying my job.  Planning classes takes time, but I'm getting faster at it already.  Plus, a lot of my younger classes are doing the same things.  That really cuts my planning time down quite a bit.

I'm really excited for my next week of classes.  I'm going to be on my own even more!  And, I get to plan some fun stuff for the advanced students.  I've got some great ideas going through my little head.  I'll let you know how it all works out.

To celebrate my first week of work, Rhett and I went to an izakaya.  We don't drink or anything, so we had to pay a fee...but the food was great.  The cook was a lady from the Philippines named Rika.  She was loads of fun.  She spoke enough English that I could try to get to know her.  My Japanese isn't really good enough to converse yet...

The other patrons in the bar were fun too.  One even gave us a calendar!

The owner of the bar felt bad that we had to be charged for not drinking, so she gave us a handful of some of the best oranges I have EVER had.  They were small like tangerines, but they tasted different.  I think they are called mikan here and Satsuma in the states.  I've had Satsuma back home, but they were NOTHING compared to how awesome the mikan were.

OMG!  As I was typing this, I experienced my first Japanese earthquake!  O_O  It wasn't very big...but it was definitely an earthquake!  The walls shook and everything!

...Anywho.  Where was I?

Oh yeah!  The owner of the izakaya was really nice.  She didn't speak much English, but she sure tried.  It was a fun little place.  We were very full at the end.  Luckily for us, the apartment is literally a minute and a half walk from the bar.

Tomorrow, we are going to a kite festival.  It is a pretty unique thing, so I'm very excited.  I promise to take lots of pictures.  <3

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!! Are you okay, my little girl is in a earth quake! ToT

    ReplyDelete