We got up pretty early and walked over to the Kota Kite Festival. I haven't ever seen anything like that before. It took place in a rice field and there were a ton of people present.
One of the coolest things about the festival was taiko drum performance. I've seen performances like it before, but it was very unique. I've never seen a dancer along with the drum performance.
After the festival, we walked ALL THE WAY TO AEON MALL. You probably have no idea how far that is...so let me explain. It's something like a two and a half hour walk. Aparently, it's the farthest walk to a destination that a teacher at William's has attempted. I feel very proud.
On the way to Aeon, we saw a lot of really cool things. The coolest was this place called "Garage Sale." I bought three volumes of manga for about 300yen (around $3.00). That's what I call a deal!
We also found a huge department store. Part of the store was nothing but Pokemon. Needless to say, it was a challenge to not spend every dime I had there. But, I showed some restraint and didn't spend even a penny. ^_^
We didn't go into the SegaWorld, but we will next time.
Next time...next time...
Each book was 100yen or less. And there were TONS of them.
Yup. That's a McDonald's.
Aeon mall is huge. Huge may be an understatement. This place is ridiculously awesome.
Nevermind the disappearing cars in this picture. This is just to show you the scale of Aeon Mall.
I have never been so overwhelmed in my life. I don't even know where to begin. THERE WAS SO MUCH STUFF.
The bookstore was sooooo awesome. I wanted to buy EVERYTHING. There were tons and tons of fashionable clothing shops and even a Hello Kitty store (I say that like I was surprised, but I expected that much). The game center was amazing. I'm pretty sure everyone in my group of friends would have gladly killed to be where I was. It was amazing. And possibly what heaven is like (if it isn't that game store that I mentioned in an earlier post).
The food court was pretty sweet too. One of my students suggested that I try the crepes in the food court, so I went there with that mission. It wasn't half bad. I got a banana and caramel crepe, and Rhett got a kiwi version. They were reminiscent of whipped cream sandwiches, but that was okay.
The main mission of going to the mall was to get myself a cute bento box. And I succeeded. I bought a cute little box with Ji Ji from Kiki's Delivery Service on it. When I make my first bento, I'll be sure to post pictures.
We took the train home because I wanted to see what that was like. I needed some help figuring it out, but we got back to Kota in the end.


Love the blog Alexis, great to keep up with your adventures without you having to repeat things over and over again! Have fun.
ReplyDeleteAw I wanna see your Ji Ji bento box. T_T And sega world and pokemon store... it's almost torture to read your blog sometimes! T-T
ReplyDelete