So, I survived the drive to Okazaki! And I survived my first solo day. Somehow...
On the way to Okazaki I think I realized that I live in Japan. They played "Hikari" by Utada Hikaru on the radio. xD
My first class was a fairly advanced class. The students were great. They were so smart! I went out to lunch with one afterward. We went to a little Chinese restaurant. I loved the food.
After that I prepared for my evening classes. Which was tough without really knowing what I was doing. But I managed, and the three plus hours fly right by.
My first evening class was the most difficult class for me by far. It was so hard for me to get them to speak! Eventually I did...but not much. I honestly think I messed up that class big time. I hope Tim will be able to help me get them to open up. It's hard to teach if you don't know if it is sinking in. I taught them the days of the week and played a flyswatter game with them. That was the only time I think they were into learning the words.
The next class wasn't easy, but it wasn't as hard as the first. They were really quiet too. BUT MAN WERE THEY SHARP! They really seemed to pick up on things.
The last class was lots of fun. It was two older ladies that were new to English. It was great to see them realize that their English was better than they thought it was. They were tons of fun.
I'm really tired right now, but I think it wasn't a bad first day.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, I'm glad you are so nice and energetic teacher. I'm looking forward to seeing you in the class next week. Your blog is really interesting. See you soon.
ReplyDeleteps:Thanks for the cute key-ring
Wow that's so awesome! I'm so proud of you! TOT
ReplyDelete